Tags: Arisi, fenugreek seeds, kali, methi, venthayam
- Idly rice- 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1½ to 2 spoons
- Cardamom- 3 or 4
- Ginger- one small piece
- Grated Jaggery- 1 cup
- Gingelly oil- 1 or 2 spoons
- Ghee- 1 to 3 spoons
- Water- 3 cup
- Salt – 3 pinches
- Soak Idly rice and Fenugreek seeds for 2 hrs.
- Grind the soaked items and make batter like dosa batter. Add salt to the batter.
- Crush the Cardamom and ginger. Keep aside.
- Boil crushed Cardamom and Ginger, Jaggery and 1 cup of Water together in a vessel till it becomes slightly thick. The consistency of this syrup should not be too thick or too thin. Then strain the Jaggery syrup to remove the impurities from the Jaggery.
- Heat 2 cup of Water in a wide pan. Add batter and stir it medium flame. Whenever the mix sticks to the pan, reduce the flame and add Oil. Stir till it becomes thick.
- Add Ghee on top of the hot venthaya kali once its done.
Serve hot Venthaya kali with Jaggery syrup.