Bottle gourd derives its name from its shape and use. The dried Bottle gourd is used as containers in old ages. Bottle gourd is a common vegetable in
The following bottle gourd chutney recipe is prepared using the same pattern as we used in Tomato chutney. You can replace the bottle gourd with any kind of gourd or squash family vegetable.
Try your creativity with this recipe and let us know how you enjoyed it.
- Bottle gourd – 1/2
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Red chili dry – 3 (Depends on your spice level)
- Tomato – 1 (ripe)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves – 3 to 4 sprigs
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Remove the skin of bottle gourd and cut it into pieces. Cut Tomato into pieces. Crush the Garlic cloves and remove the skin. Keep all this aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Red chilies and crushed Garlic cloves, fry till garlic turns into golden brown.
- Add Bottle gourd pieces and fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Tomato pieces and fry again for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Finally add Coriander leaves, Curry leaves and Salt. Remove from heat.
- Once it cools off, Grind this in a blender or in a food processor.
- After grinding, do the tampering.
- For tampering: Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it splutters, add curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds. Pour this mix to the ground chutney or Pour the ground chutney to this tampering mix.