Tags: curry, gravy, mushroom
Mushroom Gravy / Mushroom Curry / Mushroom Masala
- Button Mushroom – 8 oz (225 Grams)
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili – 2
- Curry leaves – few
- Garlic – 5 to 6 pieces
- Onion – 1/2
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chili powder – 1/2 spoon(Depends on how spicy you want)
- Coriander powder – 1 spoon
- Chicken or mutton masala powder – 1/2 to 1 spoon
- Salt and oil – as required
- Cut each Mushroom into 4 pieces.Thinly slice the Onion length-wise. Crush the garlic clove using a knife. Keep all this aside.
- Heat 3 to 4 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it splutters add curry leaves and Red chilies. Fry this for a second. Then add crushed Garlic and fry till it turns into light brown color.
- Add thinly sliced Onion and fry till it turns into brown color. No compromise on this. Fry well.
- Then add cut Mushroom and fry well for 4 to 5 minutes. Add oil if required.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Keep it in low flame for 2 to 3mins.
- Sauté it for a minute. Then add Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Coriander powder, Chicken or Mutton masala powder and Salt. Fry till the smell of masala goes. Add oil if necessary.
- Once the smell of masalas goes, add a cup of water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Keep the stove in medium flame and cook for 3 to 4 mins or until the mushrooms are cooked. The oil oozes out of the curry and it will be thick. You can prepare it as either gravy or dry.
Goes well with: Rice or Chapathi