Deepavali Diwali special recipes
Diwali Special – Kara Boondi Recipe - Find more Diwali Special Recipes here
- Gram flour(Besan)- 1 cup
- Rice flour- 1 spoon
- Chilli powder- 2 tsp
- Water- 1 to 2 cups
- Crushed Garlic- 5 to 7
- Crushed ginger- small piece
- Curry leaves- few
- Raw peanut- 1/4 cup (optional)
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- for deep fry
- Batter preparation: Mix Gram flour, Rice flour, Chili powder, Salt and 1 to 2 cups of Water in a vessel without any lumps. The batter should be little watery and not so thick.
- For frying: Heat little Oil in a pan. Add Garlic, Ginger, Curry leaves and Peanuts, fry till Peanuts turn into dark in color or till Peanuts are cooked. Kept this aside.
- Making boondi: Heat Oil in pan on medium flame. Pour the batter over the perforated ladle(ladle with small round holes) and rub it with another ladle which makes the batter to fall through the ladle holes evenly. Cook till it turns into crispy. Drain this from oil and repeat the same for the whole batter. Now boondi is ready.
- Finally mix the boondi, fried items(from step 2) and little Salt.