Mushroom Rice / Mushroom Biryani
- Mushroom – 200 grams
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Coriander leaves – a fistful (chopped)
- Mint leaves – a fistful (chopped)
- Bay leaf – a small leaf
- Lemon extract – 3 to 4 drops
- Ghee and Oil – 4 to 5 spoons
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut milk – 1 to 2 cups (Optional)
Grind and make a paste of:
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Cinnamon – 2 inch stick
- Cloves – 4
- Green chilies – 4 to 5 (Depends how spicy you like)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Slice Onion into length-wise. Chop Tomatoes finely. Cut Mushroom into pieces. Grind and make a paste of the above mentioned ingredients. Soak Basmati rice for 15 minutes. Keep everything ready.
- Heat Ghee and Oil in a pan. Add Bay leaf and fry for a minute. Add Onion and fry till it turns into golden brown in color.
- Add ground paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add Chopped Tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft. Add little salt which makes the tomatoes soft quickly.
- Add Mushroom pieces and fry till it becomes little soft and the size of the mushroom pieces are reduced noticeably.
- Add Chopped Coriander and Mint leaves and fry till it becomes wilted.
- Then add soaked Basmati rice and fry for 2 to 3 minutes or till the water evaporates from the rice.
- Now Transfer this mix to the rice cooker.Add 3 cups of water(either Coconut milk+water or water), Salt and Lemon extract. Cover and cook.
Serve this delicious mushroom rice hot with raita.