Tags: bonda, gram flour, Onion, pakora, palak, spinach, vada
- Besan flour (kadala mavu) – 3/4 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbspn
- Spinach – 1/4 portion of a bunch or a pack
- Onion – 1
- Hing – 2 to 3 pinches
- Chili Powder – 1/2 to 1 tspn (adjust with your spice level)
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 or 2 tspn
- Oil – to deep fry
- Chop Spinach and Onion.
- Mix all the ingredients except Oil in a bowl. Add 1 or 2 tspn of water to just bind all the ingredients. Already Spinach and Onion contain some moisture in it. That’s enough. Don’t add more water.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot enough, pinch gooseberry size of mix and press it with your hands(to just bind all the ingredients). Prepare small balls like this.
- Drop these small balls gently into the hot Oil. Deep fry them till they are golden brown turning once in a while.
- Remove and drain them on paper towels. Serve hot.